First, look within
If we want the pain to go away, we learn how to dive headlong into it because it has something to show us.
If we want to help make the world a better place, we learn how to heal personally.
If we want to deeply love and trust others, we learn how to deeply love and trust ourselves.
If we want to be unconditionally loved, we learn how to examine our own conditions on love.
If we want to serve others, we learn how to put the oxygen mask on ourselves first.
If we just want the freaking craziness in the world to stop, we learn how we’re contributing to it in our own lives.
Learning what makes us tick
We learn to deliberately choose our own perspectives, thoughts, and beliefs.
We learn that our emotions are not enemies; they are our allies.
We learn that all of us have our own lenses, biases, and labels.
We learn how to recognize joy, take inspired action, and gather momentum.
We learn how to listen to the voice of intuition.
We learn to determine our own meaning and write our own stories.
How we pass it on
By becoming more insightful and self-aware individuals, we help to heal our communities — and by extension the wider world. Big changes in our environments begin from small changes within.
We are instigating an inclusive self-awareness movement, building inspired momentum as we go.
We don’t force it. We don’t “should” on people. We don’t act like know-it-alls (because none of us knows everything).
We are not creating an “in group,” or a cult, or a religion. We respect everyone’s beliefs and right to their own choices, dignity, self-agency, and self-expression.
But we lead by example of what it means to be an emotionally intelligent human being.
We walk our talk.
We hold the energy of the solution, not the energy of the problem.
We remain optimistic.
We keep hope alive.
We learn how to practice empathy and compassion.
We leave room for conversations and perspectives to expand.
We learn how to communicate constructively and non-violently, so that we can all come together in understanding.
We keep our minds open and show curiosity.
This Quest may seem hopelessly idealistic, but now is the time when many of us are looking for a new way of moving forward. And this new way can light a path for others to follow.
Help spread the insight light
- Take what interests and fits for you, and leave whatever doesn’t. Not everything will ring your bell, and that’s okay.
- Sign up in the box below and get all the Insight Instigators wisdom delivered straight to your in-box, plus a Free 50+ page Intuitive Insight Jumpstart Guide!
- Comment on the Insight Instigators blog posts — we’d love it if you would share your hard-won wisdom with the community.
- Share the Insight Instigators blog and posts with your friends, using the social media share buttons at the side and below every post.
- Join the discussion on our Facebook page and chat with Suzanne on Twitter.
- Over time, the Insight Instigators website will be expanded to include e-courses, books, and/or consulting services. If you’re interested in future offerings, we want to hear from you! Let us know what you’re excited about learning.